South Dakota QuitLine phone coaching is FREE to anyone (13 and older) living in South Dakota. A Quit Coach can help you quit cigarettes, chew, or vape.
What is a Quit Coach?
Phone coaches are trained specialists who can help you reach your quit goals. A Quit Coach will help you define your goals, identify strengths and stumbling blocks, and address obstacles.
You schedule calls with your Quit Coach at times that work best for you.
Why Coaching Works
- Coaching is a partnership
- Coaches listen – they don’t lecture
- A Quit Coach can make it easier to be successful by helping you sort out priorities
- Coaches help you stay accountable with support and guidance
- You are 2X more likely to quit and stay quit if you have a coach
Talk to a Live Coach
There are 2 ways to get started with a coach:
You Call Us
Monday – Friday 7am – 11pm CST
Saturday 8am – 5pm CST
Voicemail is available 24/7 & calls are returned the next business day
- When you call the South Dakota QuitLine, a trained coach will ask a few questions to get you signed up. You’ll schedule your next call with a Quit Coach at a time that works best for you. The first call takes about 10 – 15 minutes.
- The next time you talk, you’ll review free medication options, triggers, coping, and withdrawal—and schedule your next call. Plan to talk for about 30 minutes.
- You can schedule up to 12 phone calls with your Quit Coach and extra support as needed.
We Call You
Tell us how to reach you, the best time to call, and a QuitLine coach will be in touch. If you do not receive a call within the next few days, please call the QuitLine at 1-866-737-8487.
*All fields are required